Tuesday, January 18, 2022

TRUE LOVE Talk: Are You in a REAL_ationship?

Ever been in a relationship and wondered, "where is this going"? I have. But the older you get, you learn to cut to the chase. "What are we doing here?"  Someone asked me that recently. And it's not what you think. He asks everyone that question. It's not the show, "The Bachelor". It's with the Creator of  all there is, was, and shall be.

 


Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?” Genesis 3:9


It's been a long courtship. It's been most of my life and it continues to develop. But as it grows, the depth of the relationship requires more of me. Am I good enough is not usually the question I ask myself. Though I have wondered. 

It's "am I better"? Am I better than I was last year? Have I done anything to improve myself?  Here's how I know the answer. 

The Creator presents Himself according to my personal growth. Ever wonder why you keep attracting the same dysfunctional OR could it be lovely person you take for granted? Check yourself.  

To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless, to the pure you show yourself pure, but to the devious you show yourself shrewd. Psalm 18:25-26

This doesn't just apply to intimate dating relationships. It applies to working peers, friends, associates and the like too.

Life doesn't always give us what we want. It often gives us who we are.

So what is it you want in a relationship? Think hard and long before answering that question. The same requests could simply leave you on repeat: sour, frustrated, and angry OR benevolent,loving and kind.


The Creator wants you to be happy. You should experience TRUE and LASTING love.

At the same time, saith the Lord, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people." Jeremiah 31:1


As one matures (whether single or married) some may finally ask, "What does the Creator want from me and for me?" It's the optimal question that yields the best results.

It's not always what you want. But it is always exactly what you need in your own personal growth and development. Remember, even the rose bush is pruned occasionally for the greatest blossoming.

Stay well. Stay true. Stay in love.                                                                          

###

LeTicia Lee is author of My Love is One and its companion urban art doc-u-sereies, My Love is One TELL THEM! 

 


#love #relationships, tinder, Valentines_Day #dating #aish #chabad #marriage #courtship #valentine #TORAH #Tenach

 

No comments:

Post a Comment